Now that the excitement and rush of “Pastorals & Portraits” has begun to settle here at the M Gallery of Fine Art, we are focusing our energy on a power-house of a Petite Salon, which will feature the work of numerous OPA winners and members. The Oil Painters of America (OPA), is a professional art organization that sponsors national shows in recognition and promotion of oil painters through the presentation of cash awards. The OPA also runs educational programs, demonstrations and paint-outs, as well as sponsors two regional annual shows. It is more than just an organization—it represents a significant movement towards traditional oil painting that will impact the history of art in this country.
We are very proud to represent the following:
Master Signature Members:
• Albert Handell
• David Hettinger won the Shirl Smithson Founders Award for “Summer Breeze.”
• Dan Beck won the Gold Medal Award for “A Warm Breeze.”
• Howard Friedland
• Bryce Cameron Liston’s “The Beguiling” was accepted into the competition.
• William Schneider won the President’s Award of Excellence for “Lost in Thought.”
• Hodges Soileau
• J Ken Spencer’s “Early Change” was accepted into the competition.
• Kevin Beilfuss
• Deborah Elmquist’s “Fruits of Life” was accepted into the competition.
• Jeffrey Hargreaves
• Justin Hess’ “Composition with Oxidized Copper Bowl and Onions” was accepted.
• Olga Krimon
• Ryan Mellody’s “July Serenade” was accepted into the competition.
• Robert Spooner’s “Hammer and Iron” won Figurative Honorable Mention
The Petite Salon OPA at the M Gallery of Fine Art in Charleston South Carolina is an impressive sight. Enter this room, and feast your eyes upon some of the finest oil painters in America, whose efforts have been recognized by a highly-respected national organization. We are so very proud to be a part of the making of history and of the success of such wonderful talents. Congratulations to all of the winners!
For more information visit http://www.mgalleryoffineart.com. For inquiries contact email@example.com or call 843.727.4500.